Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Are you keen to develop an existing specialism or grow into a management role? Are you looking to work in a varied, challenging job in a dynamic environment? If so, the vacancy below could be just what you’re looking for.
VIRO Vlaardingen is a relatively young branch of the organisation, and performs internal and external engineering contracts for mechanical engineering, maritime and industrial clients. Our focus in the maritime industry lies on the shipbuilding, yacht-building and offshore industries. Due to the expansion of this branch, we have a vacancy for an experienced Shipbuilding Design Engineer.
As a Shipbuilding Design Engineer, you will be responsible for making and developing designs, calculations and drawings of a variety of ship structures. This includes making construction plans and performing stability and weight calculations, feasibility studies and risk analyses. You will internally supervise and coordinate the technical aspects of contracts and take the lead in devising innovative solutions. You must be able to act proactively, and rapidly assess and resolve technically complex issues. In addition, you will present drafts to third parties, supporting the design decisions made. You will consult with the project team and clients on the progress of projects. Furthermore, you will maintain contact with clients and suppliers, and be jointly responsible for the technology, quality, budgeting and planning aspects of your projects.
- A completed higher-vocational-level education (or higher) in naval engineering or a similar discipline
- A minimum of one year of experience in an engineering role in the maritime industry
- The ability to innovatively resolve engineering issues without losing sight of functionality, reliability, safety and costs
- Experience with FEM calculations and composites is preferred
- Experience with 3D CAD software and knowledge of related professional disciplines
- Excellent communication skills
- Good standard of spoken and written Dutch and English
- An independent and varied role
- An informal and pleasant working atmosphere
- The opportunity to work in a team of enthusiastic and driven professionals
- A growing organisation offering many personal development opportunities
- Department-specific training plans
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Excellent benefits
- A wide range of sporting and staff activities
If this vacancy sounds like what you’re looking for, please send a letter of application and CV to:
Ms L. van Os
Burgemeester van Lierplein 73, 3134 ZB Vlaardingen, the Netherlands
T +31 10 4092617