Are you passionate about sales, ready to take the next step in your career and keen to add more depth to your work? Are you looking to work in a varied, challenging job in a dynamic environment? If so, the position below could be just what you’re looking for.
The Program Management department works from various branches, and is responsible for extending our client and service base through cold acquisition for the whole of the organisation. For this reason, the Program Management department’s foremost activity is new business development. In this department, we have a vacancy for an Engineering Account Manager. Their area of operations will consist primarily of the branches in the southern, southwestern and central regions of the Netherlands, and they will be based at our branch in Vlaardingen.
As the Engineering Account Manager, you will be primarily responsible for the acquisition of new clients and for the extension of the existing mechanical engineering, industrial and product engineering client base. You will be expected to closely monitor new market developments and regularly represent the company at trade fairs and symposia. You must be adept at establishing contacts with new clients and highly effective at developing existing relationships with long-term clients. In addition, you must be able to successfully transfer accounts to the department managers or branch members. In this role, you will have ample opportunity to optimally employ your technical knowledge and commercial abilities.
- A completed higher-vocational-level education (HBO) or higher
- A minimum of five years of experience in acquisition in a similar role
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to sense the wishes of the client
- You must be proactive, accurate, creative and have the ‘goodwill factor’
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to generate support
- You must be representative, enterprising, results-oriented and employ a highly commercial approach
- Good standard of spoken and written, Dutch and English, preferably with fluency in German
- An independent and varied role
- An informal and pleasant working atmosphere
- The opportunity to work in a team of enthusiastic and driven professionals
- A growing organisation offering many personal development opportunities
- Department-specific training plans
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Excellent benefits
- A wide range of sporting and staff activities
If this vacancy sounds like what you’re looking for, please send a letter of application and CV to:
Ms L. van Os
Burgemeester van Lierplein 73, 3134 ZB Vlaardingen, the Netherlands
T +31 10 4092617