Are you passionate about technology and keen to continuously develop your skills? Are you a team player who is looking to work in a varied, challenging job in a dynamic environment? If so, the position below could be just what you’re looking for.
VIRO’s Software & Control department develops custom controls and mechatronic sub-systems for the mechanical engineering and processing industries, often in collaboration with other departments. Collectively, the Software & Control department staff possess a wide range of software and systems engineering expertise in the development, testing and commissioning of machinery and appliances. Among other things, these activities include the measurement, monitoring, operation, regulation and/or powering of the equipment.
In this role, you will specify, design and programme software for PCs and embedded systems for mechanical engineering and processing clients, both independently and as a member of a team. You must be able to translate clients’ needs into technical challenges and devise innovative solutions. You will work both in house and on location at our clients. You can also provide support in the area of related disciplines, such as industrial automation. In short, this is a varied and challenging position in a multidisciplinary environment.
- A completed Bachelor’s level education (HBO) or higher in computer engineering or a similar technical education
- A minimum of five years of experience with project-based work in mechatronics or mechanical engineering
- Knowledge of various modern programming languages, such as C# (.NET), C, C++, Java, Python, and development environments
- Good communication skills
- A team player with a client-centric and multidisciplinary attitude
- Good standard of spoken and written Dutch and English
- An independent and varied role
- An informal and pleasant working atmosphere
- The opportunity to work in a team of enthusiastic and driven professionals
- A high-tech work environment
- A growing organisation offering many personal development opportunities
- Department-specific training plans
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Excellent benefits
- A wide range of sporting and staff activities
If this vacancy sounds like what you’re looking for, please send a letter of application and CV to:
Ms M. Neilen
Hazenweg 41, 7556 BM Hengelo, the Netherlands
PO Box 8006, 7550 KA Hengelo, the Netherlands
T +31 74 8504000